The Harvey Norman Gamers’ Cup is back! Celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Harvey Norman Games Hub by taking part in the Overwatch Tournament, with over $5,000 worth of vouchers and prizes to be won!
The rules are updated and will serve throughout the duration of the competition. Organisers reserve the right to make changes to the rules and make decisions in fairness of the tournament proceedings. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
1. Tournament Information
1.1.1. Online Qualifier 1
Registration period: 11th August to 31th August 2017, 1200hrs, GMT +8
Tournament dates: 2nd September 2017
Format: Single elimination, Best of 3
Qualification: Top 4 teams
1.1.2. Online Qualifier 2
Players whom fail to qualify on Qualifier 1 are auto-invited to participate in Qualifiers 2.
Registration period: 3rd September to 7th September 2017, 1200hrs, GMT +8
Tournament dates: 9th and 10th September 2017
Format: Single elimination, Best of 3
Qualification: Top 4 teams
- Finals dates: 23th September and 24th September 2017
- Format: Double elimination – Best of 3, Finals Best of 7
- Venue: Atrium outside Harvey Norman Millenia Walk
- Registration is FREE!
- This is a tournament series consisting of 2 online qualifiers and 1 offline finals; players are required to report punctually and be present during the finals in order to participate.
All Registrants are required to fulfill their tournament registration on EventBrite:
Information required during registration:
Captain’s / Vice Captain’s / Members Full Names:
Captain’s / Vice Captain’s / Members Contact Number:
Captain’s / Vice Captain’s / Members Addresses:
Team Logo (at least 500×500 resolution):
Registration will be closed on 12pm on 31th August 2017 and 7th September 2017 respectively.
2. Prize Pool Breakdown for Grand Finals
- Champions: SGD$3,000 worth of cash vouchers and prizes
- 1st Runner Up: SGD$1,500 worth of cash vouchers and prizes
- 2nd Runner Up: SGD$600 worth of cash vouchers and prizes
- 4th – 8th Place: Prizes
All players participating in the “Overwatch Harvey Norman Gamers Cup 2017” must enter with their Overwatch BattleTag. The game account will be used to invite players into custom matches and for verification purposes.
This tournament is only open for players residing in Singapore.
3.2. Team and Player Names
Only registered team members can play for a team. Playing a match with a ringer is strictly prohibited. Players and team members must compete with their Overwatch team names and BattleTag during all matches in the tournament proceeding.
3.3.1. Registered Players
Teams are only allowed to play with players registered on the team roster during the registration phase.
Players are not allowed to be playing for more than one team at any given time
Teams are only allowed to have a maximum of 1 substitute player.
Teams are allowed to make changes to their roster any time before registration closes for each qualifier.
Any roster changes to qualified teams must be made known to admins via email by latest 2359hrs, 21st Sep 2017.
Upon successful qualification for the offline finals, rosters will be locked.
Teams will only be allowed to change up to a maximum of 2 players inclusive of the substitute player. This is however subjected to approval by the organisers.
Players who are substitutes for already qualified teams cannot be part of another team.
Playing with unregistered players or usage of ringers will result in disqualification.
All games are to be played using the latest version of the game to participate in the tournament. Any updates must be installed before the start of the tournament. Any delays need to be kept to a minimum; no time wastage is allowed.
Teams are responsible for their own technical issues (hardware/internet). Matches will not be rescheduled due to above mentioned issues and will go on nevertheless. If maximum pause time and/or delay is exceeded, the game will continue even if the issues is unresolved.
To maintain fairness during the tournament, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify teams.
Teams found partaking in the following scenarios will be disqualified from the tournament:
- Deliberate stalling of the game can result in losing that game or series entirely
- Deliberate leaving of a match before it ends can result in forfeit and winning point awarded to the opposing team
- Usage of exploits or third-party programs/cheats will result in player and/or team disqualification
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (Toxicity in chat, excessive bad manners, physical violence etc) will result in player and/or team disqualification
- Betting or match fixing will result in player and/or team disqualification.
Rule Set: Competitive mode
High Bandwidth: On
Map Rotation: Single map
Return to lobby: After a game
Maps available: King’s Row, Numbani, Watchpoint: Gibraltar, Dorado, Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya, Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Hollywood, Ilios, Route 66, Eichenwalde, Oasis & Horizon Lunar Colony
Hero selection: 1 per team
Disable kill cam: On
General ruling: In the case of a tied game on Assault, Hybrid or Escort matches, a Best of 1 Control map is to be played. The team that successfully captures the first objective on the first point of the control map will win the tie.
Pauses should only be used in an event of disconnection or hardware issues at which the game host or marshal must be informed immediately.
Each team has a total of 10 minutes’ pause time during a match.
When resuming, both teams must acknowledge to resume.
If pause time has exceeded 10 minutes, the game must be resumed regardless of issues being resolved or fixed. If one team refuses a resume, the opposing team will win by default.
In the event of a pause due to a disconnection, teammates of the disconnected player must provide a screenshot as proof of the player being disconnected from the game.
The screenshot will only be required to be submitted in the event of a dispute.
Admins reserve the right to request for a pause during a match in case of any issues on the organiser’s side. The time served during this situation will not be included in the 10 minutes’ pause allocated.
Unless otherwise specified, the map pick rules are as follows:
- The organiser will pick the 1st map of each series
- The losing team will then pick the next map of the series
- The winning team will then pick the side of the next map of the series.
- The organiser will announce the map pick together with the brackets 1 day before the event starts.
The map order will be predetermined by Organiser.
Teams are not allowed to pick maps that has been played before in the same series.
Best of 3
Best of 7
- 1st Map – Control Map (Decided by Organiser)
- 2nd Map – Escort + Hybrid Map
- 3rd Map – Assault
- 4th Map – Control Map (Excluding map chosen in 1st set)
- 5th Map – Escort + Hybrid Map (Excluding map chosen in 2nd set)
- 6th Map – Assault +Control Map (Excluding map chosen in 1st, 3rd & 4th set)
- 7th Map – Escort + Hybrid Map (Excluding map chosen in 2nd & 5th set)
4.5. Custom Match Settings
Disable all maps except for the map that is to be played.
Hero selection limit: 1 per team
All heroes are currently allowed
Role selection limit: None
Allow Hero Switching: On
Respawn as random hero: Off
- All heroes are to be set as “on” unless otherwise instructed.
High bandwidth: On
Control game mode format: Best of 5
Health modifier: 100%
Damage modifier: 100%
Healing modifier: 100%
Ultimate charge rate modifier: 100%
Respawn time modifier: 100%
Ability cooldown modifier: 100%
Disable skins: On
Disable health bars: Off
Disable kill cam: On
Disable kill feed: Off
Headshots only: Off
4.6. Match Score Reporting
- Teams must screenshot the end of match screen and send it to tournament admins for verification purposes.
- Teams must send to match_reporting channel in the discord server.
- Team Captains must send the screenshot and score to admin email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title indicating team name and if you have won or lost.
- This tournament is currently held in the Americas Region server. Teams roster and players have to have accounts and BattleTag from this server.
- Substitutes can play in the tournament starting with the next match series.
- Substitutes cannot come into play in a series that has already begun.
- The substitute must be registered as part of the team roster before the tournament begins.
- The registered substitute players cannot be a part of any line-ups of other registered teams that are participating in the tournament.
- Should such a substitute player be found, the registration of the substitute player will be considered void and will not be able to act as a substitute for the team.
Matches will be played with a 6 on 6 team roster. If a side has less players during the beginning of the match, the match can carry on with less members if both teams agree to do so.
If a player is not present during registration or attendance taking phase will be marked as late and not allowed to participate in the tournament.
- If a player is late during a match or is ready only 15 minutes after match has started; he/she will not be allowed to play during that series.
- The Team Captain will be given a choice to start the match as 5 players or forfeit the match.
- The player whom is late is not allowed to re-join this match series.
- Players are not allowed to go on breaks in between a game in a series.
- Players must remain contactable during the tournament series.
In the situation of a disconnection, the match should be paused while waiting reconnection of the affected player(s). The team(s) affected are allowed to continue to play the match at a disadvantage.
Participants can choose to forfeit a match if they wish. Forfeiting will result in loss of the match.
If a match is wrongfully reported or if any suspected issues arise, teams have 10 minutes after match ends to make a protest. Protests must include appropriate screenshots or results showing the results of the issues. Teams are responsible to provide proof of match results in case of dispute.
Only a team, which participated in a match, can complain about their opponent breaking the rules.
A re-host is only allowed to be made by admin and tournament officials. In the re-host game, teams must choose the team side. Disconnects and lag issues will only qualify for a re-host if the issue occurs the within the first 60 seconds of the game (not inclusive of the time spent in hero selection).
Admins and tournament officials are to be the only ones allowed to observe, except for people whom are given permission by the organising team such as shoutcasters.
Any unauthorized people invited will be kicked from the lobby.
Both teams are responsible to submit and check all results. Results must be submitted all games in a series has been completed. If anything is unclear and a dispute needs to be filled, participants have to provide screenshots to verify the result and file for a protest.
6. Communications and Support
Play use Discord for all communications. Players are to report for attendance and are required to answer to admins and tournament officials when called for.
Team captains/vice-captains/managers are required to report to this discord channel – https://discord.gg/hngc-ow for registration, verification and tournament purposes.
Team captains/vice-captains/managers have to be contactable through this discord channel at all times during the competition.
6.2. Admins and Tournament Officials
All participants must adhere to the decisions and rules of the tournament organizers, admins, and referees. All decisions are final, except in cases where the option to appeal is clearly stated. Conversations, either verbal or written, between organizers, admins, or referees, and participants are confidential. Publicly posting or sharing these conversations with outside parties is strictly forbidden, unless permission is obtained.
All match media such as screenshots, replays and recordings are to be kept for at least 14 days. Participants are advised to upload all media for safekeeping as soon as possible. Faking or manipulating match result is strictly prohibited.
Casting and/or streaming the tournament is only allowed if agreed by admins or tournament officials. Please contact the organisers if you wish to cast and/or stream the game and/or match series.
All rules are subject to change without notification.